Old Brooklyn stores
was known for its breweries, and a lot of Germans lived here.There were
eleven breweries operating between 1850 to 1880. The 1840s brought a lot of
immigrants, who brought with them their proficiency for brewing. For nearly thirty years
there were eleven breweries operating within a fourteen block radius. By the 1880's an
elevated railroad line to Manhattan was built and the area started to grow, but the need
for automation in combination with the decline of the area, caused the last of these
breweries to close its doors in 1976, ending the era of Brooklyn beer.
Vicelius & Ulm??
Continental la Cerbier Breaker
Erected AD 187?
|Once Hyman Spitz Florist, now Petland on Rockaway Ave and Pitkin Avenue||Myrtle Avenue and Aldemare Rd.||Another Petland on Flatbush Avenue||Grand Avenue|
Renkin Dairy on Flatbush Avenue
LBT is sponsored by Gazeebo2